One of the dilemmas I face when I cook is what type of dish I should whip up! Whether it's for the family or a potluck, I want to make sure that I create something that isn't only delicious, but super easy to make. My quick fix? Chicken! You might think that chicken is pretty boring, but don't be fooled. There are so many things to make. My favorite has to be creamy lemon parmesan chicken piccata. You've got all the flavors you need in just one dish. Not only do I love it, but I know so many friends and relatives of mine who always ask for it as well.
So I'll be showing you how to create this yummy comfort gourmet food… With a twist!
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken Piccata
If you're looking for a delicious and versatile dish that's packed with protein, then this is perfect. With its creamy lemon sauce packed with parmesan cheese and garlic, this easy dish will have you look like a masterchef!
This recipe serves four people.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Two large boneless and skinless chicken breasts (half both chickens horizontally and make four pieces)
- Two tablespoons of plain or all-purpose flour
- Two tablespoons of fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- One teaspoon of salt
- Cracked pepper
Take note that I use fresh parmesan cheese in this recipe because the boxed version of this cheese is too strong and will have a completely different flavor.
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of butter (can also be substituted with oil)
- Two tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cup of chicken broth (stock)
- Half a cup of milk (full fat or 2%- you can also use heavy or reduced-fat cream)
- 1/3 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Two tablespoons of capers (with extra two tablespoons for garnishing)
- One tablespoon of cornstarch or cornflour, mix it with one tablespoon of water
- Two or three tablespoons of lemon juice or a juice of one lemon
- Two tablespoons of fresh parsley
Take note that while you can use cream in this recipe, I recommend milk if you want to cut the calorie count.
1. Mix the flour and parmesan cheese (to be used for the chicken) in a shallow bowl. Season your chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge it in the cheese and flour mixture. Shake off the excess flour and set the chicken aside.
2. Heat the oil and butter (for the sauce) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Let it heat until the butter has melted and your pan is hot.
3. Fry the chicken until it turns golden on its sides and cooked through. The chicken shouldn't be pink anymore. This may take about three to four minutes per side, depending on how thick the chicken is. Transfer the chicken to a warm plate.
4. Add garlic to the remaining oil in the skillet. You may spray the skillet with a light coating of oil if you need to). Fry the garlic until it begins to become fragrant, which takes about one minute.
5. Reduce the heat to low-medium heat and add your broth and milk (or cream). Have the sauce simmer gently and season it with salt and pepper, the amount depending on your taste.
6. Add the parmesan cheese and capers then continue cooking it for around two minutes until the sauce begins to thicken. If the sauce is too "liquid" for you, then add the cornstarch with water to the center of your skillet and mix it quickly to combine it with the sauce.
7. Pour the lemon juice and let the sauce simmer for one more minute for everything to mix together. Now add the chicken back to your skillet and let it sit and simmer in its sauce for another minute to let the sauce's flavors soak into the chicken.
8. And it's done and ready to be eaten! You can top it with pasta, rice, steamed vegetables, or zucchini noodles. It's that flexible. If you want, top the chicken with extra capers for garnishing, as well with parsley and lemon slices.
Creating gourmet dishes doesn't have to be so difficult! Whether you're a beginner or reputable cook, this creamy lemon parmesan chicken piccata is a sumptuous meal everyone will love. With its flexibility and creamy flavors, you'll want to serve this every night!
I hope that this creamy lemon parmesan chicken piccata recipe gave you an idea of what to serve for your next family dinner. So don't wait any longer and try creating this awesome dish today!
If you had any questions or would like to share your tips and experiences with making this recipe, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.